What to ask a removals company before you sign them up
You know your house. We know how to move! It sounds like a match made in heaven but how do you know for sure before you sign us up? Well, here’s a handy list of questions to ask that will put us to the test. And any other competitor for that matter! Whether you’re moving ten miles or a hundred and regardless of whether you’re moving five boxes or fifty, here’s what you should be asking any prospective removals company to make sure you can have confidence in them. It’s an important decision after all, moving your treasured possessions and family needs to be handled with the utmost care and attention.
So here goes, here’s our list of things to ask us:
- Where are you based and how long have you been trading?
- Where you specialise in moving people to and from?
- Do you offer insurance and at what level?*
- What is and what is not covered?
- Is there an excess?
- Ask about the logistics of the move:
- What time the van will arrive?
- Will it fit down my street or on my drive?
- How many people will there be trotting through my house?
- What is the estimated time to finish loading up and time of completion?
- Do you use subcontractors?
- Do you have any references and can I contact past clients?
- Are you a member of any of the trade associations like the British Association of Movers?
*Check with your own household insurance policy before you buy any insurance because you may already be covered but be aware that household policies normally don’t cover for things like dents and scratches, loss or damage due to strikes, weather conditions or delay.
There are many more questions you could ask but these are some of the essentials when comparing house removals companies, and if you do have any more for us please call or drop us a line!